Venous thromboembolism (VTE) remains one of the leading causes of maternal morbidity and mortality. This short course is designed to enable midwives to understand their vital role in identifying and preventing VTE and DVT.
This module includes a video of about 9 minutes and other interactive content.
Study time: 30 minutes
On completion of this i-learn module, you will be able to:
- describe the basic anatomy and physiology of VTE formation
- understand the relevance of VTE prevention to midwifery practice
- access national guidance on VTE prevention
- carry out a VTE risk assessment
- describe important factors when talking to women about VTE risk and prevention
Original content: 2014
Revised and updated: June 2018
Next review date: 2021