This module is designed to help support support workers in their specialist role in maternity but it will also be useful for anyone with an interest in issues around safeguarding. It will look at safeguarding of women and children and should be read in conjunction with the relevant Care Certificate Workbooks.
This module will enable you to:
- understand your obligations to safeguard women and children
- understand how team working and care pathways can support women, babies and children ( including the fetus)
- understand how to facilitate informed choice for adults
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- demonstrate your understanding of domestic violence/abuse
- demonstrate your understanding of 'honour' based violence
- demonstrate your understanding of female genital mutilation and the law
- understand your role within the multidisciplinary team in safeguarding vulnerable adults
This module contains two videos: one of 15 minutes and the other of less than 5 minutes.
Study time: 30 minutes
Original content: October 2016
Revision date: October 2019