These interactive i-learn resources will help prepare you for midwifery student life, the university work involved and your clinical placements.
The resources have been designed for you to access information when you require it, dipping in and out of each section as needed and hearing from other students who share their tips in short clips integrated throughout.
You will find information on the following topics:
- Developing academic skills and how you will be assessed
- Finding midwifery textbooks and other resources
- Accessing additional support
- Getting to understand the roles of people in both university and placement
- Experiencing different maternity settings and the various ways midwifery care is delivered
- Learning clinical skills and how you may be assessed
- Working safely within the boundaries of being a student midwife?
- Making the most of clinical placements
- Organising your time
- Budgeting and finances
- Social media and socialising
- Minimising stress and looking after yourself
Published: November 2023