The NMC standards of proficiency represent the skills, knowledge and attributes all midwives must demonstrate. They can be a key resource in your revalidation in considering what knowledge and skills you need to practise safely, reflecting on your practice and identifying any further learning; to help you plan your CPD.
- Domain 1: Being an accountable, autonomous, professional midwife
- Domain 2: Safe and effective midwifery care: promoting and providing continuity of care and carer
- Domain 3: Universal care for all women and newborn infants
- Domain 4: Additional care for women and newborn infants with complications
- Domain 5: Promoting excellence: the midwife as colleague, scholar and leader
- Domain 6: The midwife as skilled practitioner